partner visa

How to Apply for Partner Visa?

Lots of Australians are jointly applying for Partner Visa with their foreign partners every year. The time can be stressful. Relationships can be under stress due to, apart from the costs involved, the paperwork complications and the long processing times.

Here you will find several things you must know to successfully apply for Partner Visa:

You will be considered eligible for a Partner Visa for Australia if you are married to or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident. Same-sex partners will also be eligible. For the Partner visa, you must be sponsored by your partner for 2 years.

Your marriage needs to be considered valid under Australian law, and for a de facto relationship, you must have been in the relationship for a period of no less than 12 months.

First you will be granted the temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) that will allow you to live in Australia when the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) is getting processed. With the temporary 820 visas, you will be able to stay until your permanent Partner visa is decided upon, and with the permanent 801 visas, you will be able to stay permanently in Australia.

To process applications for temporary Partner visas (subclass 820) are presently taking 12 to 15 months because of high demand. If you plan to apply for a Partner visa, maybe in Australia or overseas, you need to do the following things:

  1. Utilize a document checklist to make your application
  2. Apply with all the required documents with the help of ImmiAccount
  3. If you require help, think about employing a registered migration agent

When you utilize a document checklist, you will have Stage 1 – Temporary Partner or Prospective Marriage visa (300, 309, 820) and Stage 2 – Permanent Partner (100, 801). For applicants outside Australia, there are: (1) Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) document checklist and (2) Partner visa (subclasses 309 and 100) document checklist. For applicants in Australia, there is: Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801) document checklist.

Applying online is a faster and simpler procedure, and will give you quicker results than applying by paper. Firstly, you will require to create and login to your ImmiAccount. When you are logged in, you are able to submit your application together with attaching any relevant documents.

You should scan and upload all your documents to your ImmiAccount. You should not send them by post or by email because your assessment will be delayed by it. All-inclusive applications containing complete documents in favor of an honest relationship will gain precedence and are faster to process.

You should think about employing a registered migration agent. Registered migration agents will help you make your application appropriately. For this reason, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Migration Agent in Perthby phone or by email.

It is a two-stage process to acquire the permanent Partner visa. A temporary Partner visa must be granted to you before you will be considered eligible for a permanent Partner visa. If you submit the applications for both the temporary and permanent visas together, you need to pay only one fee.

The present fee is AUD 7000. Whether you submit the application in Australia or overseas, this will be the cost and it includes the temporary visa, subsequently the permanent visa. If you get the temporary visa, you will be eligible for the assessment of the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) around two years after your lodging the application. For further information, you are to contact Overseas Education Consultants.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *