Smoke clouds are clearing and the number of cannabis enthusiasts around the world is growing. Once frowned upon as an illegal drug associated with psychosis, marijuana is now being administered medically as a treatment for psychosis! Scientific evidence points to the positive aspects associated with cannabis cultivation, such as the fact that this plant boasts health-enhancing nitrogenous compounds and terpenoids.
The cannabis industry alone is fueling job growth and changing lives. Among the many jobs that are transpiring within the medical marijuana industry, the role of a budtender is highly sought after. Expect to meet someone in this line of work at a sf weed dispensary. Just like a bartender is responsible for recommending/serving cocktails, liquors, beers and such, a budtender will be capable of advising the best medical marijuana products for your personal needs.
Since Cannabidiol (CBD) is the non-psychoactive compound contained in every cannabis plant, it goes without saying that CBD is a preferred ingredient for medical patients. Take advice from a budtender and absorb the information contained in this article to get the most out of marijuana’s “healing” compound every single day.
What are the medical benefits of Cannabidiol (CBD)?
Did you know that doctors are now recommending CBD oil to patients with chronic pain? High quantities of this cannabinoid can be found in the plant and when it is extracted from the dry material, a refined and clean concentrate will be the finished result. The medical properties are endless, from aiding anxiety patients to treating patients with neurodegenerative conditions. Edibles, vaporizers and drops allow the user to experience fast relief from inflammation, psychosis, multiple sclerosis and seizures. An antipsychotic agent, CBD has also proven its potential as an antioxidant, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic agent.
How do I determine a suitable CBD dosage?
What might work for one person may not work for another and so, there is no real recommended CBD dosage. Starting small and progressively increasing your intake of CBD is the easiest way to ascertain precisely how much green goodness you ought to be getting every day.
Although everyone is different, the typical guidelines for a suitable CBD dosage are as follows:
- Sleeping Disorders – Daily oral dosage of 50-150 mg
- Health Supplement – Daily oral dosage of 3-15 mg
- Chronic Pain Treatment – Daily oral dosage of 3-20 mg
If you still feel unsure about what dosage of CBD would provide the best outcome for your medical needs, consult with a member of staff at a San Francisco dispensary.
Easy Ways to Consume CBD on a Daily Basis
Introducing CBD into your daily routine need not be difficult. There are plenty of hassle-free options for young children, adults, elderly individuals and even animals. Curious individuals may opt for more than one consumption method, whereas others will stick to just one. If time and money allows, why not test out each of the CBD consumption methods listed below?
Let’s take a look at five of the most popular ways to consume medical CBD:
- CBD Oil – Solvent-based oil extraction methods are a popular choice for CBD users. Pure oils can be blended into drinks or mixed into everyday recipes for discreet consumption.
- CBD Tinctures – Cannabinoids can be extracted from the plant matter and absorbed in liquid form with tinctures. Usually, tinctures contain a liquid that is much more refined than CBD oil.
- CBD Topicals – Medical marijuana patients with skin problems, muscle ache or joint discomfort may apply topical lotions and salves directly to the affected area.
- CBD Sublinguals – When CBD is consumed sublingually, it will get into the bloodstream in two minutes or less. Opt for a sublingual spray to get your dose on the move.
- CBD Inhalation – Smoke, vaporize or use an inhaler to get your medical CBD fix. Vaporization retains more CBD than smoking, so keep this in mind.
Which medical marijuana strains are richest in CBD?
Chances are, if you don’t know much about high-CBD medical marijuana strains, you will feel perplexed upon perusing the menu at a cannabis dispensary in your area. To prevent confusion and make the process of buying medical-grade weed simpler, we have created a list of the top CBD cannabis strains:
- CBD Mango Haze – Containing 8-10% CBD, this feminized strain is usually yielded indoors. The aroma and flavor is very fruity, so get ready for a tropical taste bud overload.
- Ringo’s Gift – This strain’s “relatives” include Harle-Tsu and ACDC. Experience a mellow feeling when you consume this potent strain, which contains as much as 20% CBD!
- Afghani CBD – Stress relief, pain relief and a good night’s sleep are guaranteed when you enjoy this 100% pure Indica cannabis strain. The CBD content is in the 2-7% range.
- Sweet and Sour Widow – Remember the White Widow strain? Well, this strain is cross-bred with WW’s genetics. The CBD percentage fluctuates from 6-8%.
- CBD Shark – The CBD level of this Indica strain typically ranges from 6-6.5%. Ideal for extraction, this delicious hybrid is well worth using for edibles.
Within 30 minutes of consuming CBD, it will begin influencing cannabinoid receptors in your brain. After approximately six months of including CBD in your daily routine. your energy levels, performance and health will hit peak levels. Take a look in the mirror and notice how your regime is giving your skin a radiant glow. Anticipate an overall sense of happiness and improved mental clarity with frequent use of CBD.