Are you thinking about enrolling your child in a boarding school? Wondering what are the steps that are required to make sure that you get it done successfully?
Well, every boarding school has its own rules and regulation, and hence, the enrolment process is also very different for each and every school. However, when it comes to outlining a basic structure, then almost all the schools follow a similar pattern. If you are seriously considering sending your child to boarding school, then these are things that you need to do:
- The first thing that you will have to do is make a list of all the best boarding schools in india cbse that are located near the city where you stay or is easy for you to access. You have to make sure that you check out their fee structure first since some of them are very expensive, and hence, you need to know beforehand whether or not you will be able to afford such an expensive education.
- After you have made the list, you need to skim through them and select the ones that you think are the best ones for your daughter. Call up these schools and collect all the necessary details. Some schools might conduct an entrance exam, and if they say they do, then prepare your daughter well for the exam and the following interview. Some schools might just have an interview round. So you will have to make sure that you collect all the information that you might need about the enrolment process from the school. In case of an entrance exam, ask for sample questions and the venue where it will be conducted and on which date so that your child can sit for it.
- After you child clears the interview or the exam or both, the next thing that you will have to do is go to the schools where they have managed to get through. You will be taken for a tour of the grounds where you will get to know how learning is practised there. Carefully note down all the details since this will help you to make a decision if your child has been accepted in more than one boarding school.
- After this visit, your next step would be to talk to your relatives or friends and collect reviews about the school in question. Leave no stone unturned and research as much as you want about the school to get all the necessary information.
- Finally, once you have selected the school based on your opinion and the information collected you will have make a deposit and pay the fees for enrolment. While some cbse boarding schools in india get this step done online, there are a few others where you will have to go there and make the payment. Having completed the enrolment process, you will have to wait for the start of term when your child will step out for the sessions to the boarding school.
The process entails a lot of hard work and patience. Keep your calm and both you and your child will sail through!