Mt. Aby in Rajasthan enjoys being the only hill station in the state. Located in the south western end of the Aravallis and close to the Gujarat borders, it acts as a great relief from the scorching heat to the foreign tourists as well as to the residents in Rajasthan and Gujarat. Many honeymooners and other travelers take up the Mt.Abu Tour Packages from the Royal Adventure Tours to enjoy their vacation and plan their itinerary in an organized manner.
Wandering around Mt.Abu:
- Dilwara Temples: The Jain temple located at a short distance of just 5 kms is one of the finest Indian temples dating back to the 11th and 13th century. The exquisite carvings on the marble walls of the temple are worth seeing.
- Nakki Lake: The Nakki Lake is in the heart of the town and is visited by hundreds of tourists every season to enjoy the picture perfect location. The lake is surrounded by the hills. Many rock formations in the lake attract the tourists to go boating to these formations. Few of these are – Nandi rock, camel rock and the toad rock. Climbing the rocks is a fascination for the travelers.
- Sunset Point: The sunset point near the Polo Ground outside the town attracts many travelers to watch the brilliant array of light on the western skies while the day ends. Many stalls and food points have also come up at this place for the convenience of the visitors.
- Gaumukh Temple: Situated at a distance of 2 kms from Mt. Abu, is the Gaumukh Temple that is said to be the site for the Great Fire Sacrifice by Guru Vashistha. The temple has the idols of Guru Vashishtha and Lord Rama and Lord Krishna. The spring near the temple flows through the mouth of the marbled cow’s mouth. It is said to purify one of his sins.
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: The wildlife sanctuary is the home to many species of carnivores as well as herbivores. The scenic beauty of the sanctuary is worth seeing with the lush greenery and mountain plateau giving every opportunity for camping.
- Guru Shikhar: The highest point in Rajasthan is the Guru Shkhar, a 17 kms drive to the north est side of the Mt. Abu plateau. The Atri Rishi Temple near the summit also welcomes the tourists wanting to have the nice panoramic view.
The remarkable spots in and around Mount Abu leaves the tourists and travelers more amazed and wondering about the beauty of the art Mother Nature’s blessings.
Visit More Information About – Rajasthan Tour Packages